Interested in building partnerships that make cities better and more inclusive? Are you a fundraiser with experience in managing corporate and government relations? Are you an effective communicator who likes to build new donor relationships that address issues affecting your community? We’ve got the job for you!
Senior Manager, Development
Position Length: Permanent
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000
Benefits: 3 weeks of paid vacation and you will be eligible to enroll in our employee benefits plan after 1 month of continuous employment. We also offer professional development opportunities like access to skills-building workshops and networking events
Location: Our offices are in downtown Toronto in an open concept workspace. Today – and for the foreseeable future – we work remotely (technology support is provided).
Start Date: Spring 2021
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of cross-sector stakeholders to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond.
We believe there is nothing more important to the future of communities than preparing those who will lead them. For that reason, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation delivers a suite of high-impact programs that open doors, minds, and opportunities for young, emerging, and under-represented leaders in our communities.
Our shared purpose is to boost civic engagement and build better cities. And, to realize it, we are guided by a set of values that inspire us to:
- Drive Action
- Harness Collective Wisdom
- Cultivate Inclusion
- Be Bold
- Have Integrity at our Core
Skills and Attributes:
- Relationship builder: ability to work effectively with colleagues, partners, and donors
- Strong communicator: ability to get your message out to a wide range of stakeholders in both verbal and written formats, including design and presentation skills
- Administration: excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize
to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic team player: ability to balance “getting stuff done” with high level of
professional and ethical standards.
- Willingness to be agile: ability to take on new tasks when required.
- Curiosity and a commitment to learning: ability to become knowledgeable on a number of different topics; willingness to pivot course when needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and grow the corporate and government donor portfolio for CivicAction and CivicAction Leadership Foundation
- Contribute to developing and executing strategic multi-year fundraising plans that identify fundraising goals and metrics, as well as the resources required to achieve these goals.
- Pursue catalytic partnership opportunities for CivicAction and CivicAction Leadership Foundation, including pro bono commitments
- Create opportunities for meaningful donor activation
- Develop and implement stewardship plans
- Identify sponsorables and develop a compelling case of support for CivicAction’s’ key initiatives, events, and program launches
- Keep team informed of all critical issues affecting our donor portfolio. Report on activity and progress towards fundraising goals
- Respond to issues and questions raised by donors and prospects, via analysis, advice,
recommendations, or direct action as appropriate
- Manage donor/partner communications and record-keeping, including correspondence, memoranda, briefing notes, proposals, and grants
- Support the development of the annual report with relevant donor impact support and
- Work closely with team and Board members during fundraising campaigns and pivotal fundraising periods (i.e. Summits)
- Work closely with Manager, Development to ensure accurate and timely record-keeping in Salesforce
- Work with the Salesforce Administrator to enhance and optimize data analytics to inform donor strategies
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM EST on April 5, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. *Interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.