Interested in building partnerships that make cities better and more inclusive? Want to contribute to fundraising for a charity and non-profit?
If you are fundraiser with experience in managing donor relations, looking to apply your skills in a fast-pace, high-reward environment, we’ve got the job for you!
Position Length: One year contract with possibility of extension
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary Range: $60,000-$75,000
Benefits: 3 weeks of paid vacation and you will be eligible to enroll in our employee benefits plan after 1 month of continuous employment. We also offer professional development opportunities like access to skills-building workshops and networking events.
Location: Our offices are in downtown Toronto in an open concept workspace. Today – and for the foreseeable future – we work remotely (technology support is provided).
Start Date: Spring 2021
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of cross-sector stakeholders to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond.
We believe there is nothing more important to the future of communities than preparing those who will lead them. For that reason, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation delivers a suite of high-impact programs that open doors, minds, and opportunities for young, emerging, and under-represented leaders in our communities.
Our shared purpose is to boost civic engagement and build better cities. And, to realize it, we are guided by a set of values that inspire us to:
- Drive Action
- Harness Collective Wisdom
- Cultivate Inclusion
- Be Bold
- Have Integrity at our Core
Skills and Attributes:
- Relationship builder: ability to work effectively with colleagues, partners, and donors
- Administration: excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communicator: ability to get your message out to a wide range of stakeholders in both verbal and written formats, including basic design and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic team player: ability to balance “getting stuff done” with high level of professional and ethical standards.
- Willingness to be agile: ability to take on new tasks when required.
- Curiosity and a commitment to learning: ability to become knowledgeable on a number of different topics; willingness to pivot course when needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive opportunities to position CivicAction Leadership Foundation (CLF) as a charity of choice for new individual and foundation gifts
- Manage the stewardship and cultivation of individual and foundation donors, including major gifts
- Oversee prospecting strategies and activities for the team, including development of creative and meaningful giving opportunities and stewardship materials
- Develop strategies for individual donors to be introduced to CLF
- Develop impactful presentations and materials for donor meetings
- Identify new opportunities and strategies for expanding the CLF within our network of partners and initiative alumni
- Contribute to the development of annual business plan/budget, and multi-year revenue planning
- Support the Chief Operating Officer to set shared key performance indicators and track outcomes
- Keep team apprised of trends and information that is relevant to donor strategies
- Draft fundraising-related correspondence, including outreach letters, donation thank you letters, and update emails
- Work with finance team on invoice letters and impact reports, and oversee their timely delivery
- Manage donor database and shared drive in an accurate and efficient matter, including updating donor information and all pertinent records
- Manage records in Salesforce (CRM)
- Work with the Operations & Development Officer to optimize the use of Salesforce to manage our contacts and relationships across CivicAction – managing updates to ensure platform is up to date, working with integration partners, informing donor strategies and research, recording and maintaining prospect lists
- Working with team members to manage key fundraising activities, contact management, donor recognition, and communication
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST on April 5, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. *Interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.