Title: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Status: Permanent, management, reporting to the VP, Partnerships and Engagement.
Compensation: $60-$80K annually, 3 weeks vacation, employee benefits and professional development opportunities.
Location: Offices located in downtown Toronto in an open concept workspace. Working remotely for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19 (technology support is provided).
Start Date: December 2020
Description of the role:
How would you like to work for an innovative not-for-profit that brings senior executives and rising leaders from all sectors together to tackle urban challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond?
Join CivicAction as Manager, Marketing and Communications responsible for strategic communications planning and execution including marketing communications, stakeholder engagement, media relations and digital engagement.
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of stakeholders across sectors to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the GTHA and beyond.
With the belief that there’s nothing more important to the future of communities than preparing those who will lead them, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation delivers a suite of high impact programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented leaders in the GTHA.
The shared purpose of both organizations is to boost civic engagement and build better cities. To realize this, we follow a set of values:
- Drive Action
- Harness Collective Wisdom
- Cultivate Inclusion
- Be Bold
- Have Integrity at our Core
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Proactive, solutions-focused, and highly motivated.
- Strategic thinker able to anticipate needs and show political acuity.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- An effective and creative storyteller.
- Ability to exercise discretion, good judgment and strong diplomacy skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong team player and relationship builder who can foster collaboration.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute a broad range of communications and public relations activities aimed at growing CivicAction’s brand and fostering connections with external stakeholders including media and partners.
- Manage the communications rollout and content calendar.
- Work closely with internal colleagues to develop and implement effective communications programs that support strategic goals and brand identity.
- Write thought leadership for CEO and members of the Board of Directors.
- Lead development of key messages, media releases, backgrounders, newsletters, correspondence, remarks, and other external communications materials.
- Provide advice to senior management on communications including proactively identifying speaking engagements and media opportunities.
- Pitch local and national media.
- Develop and implement communications processes and tools to create targeted media lists, monitor coverage, and measure the effectiveness of activities.
- Use analytics to inform communications and marketing campaigns.
- Develop multi-platform social media strategies and manage execution
- Develop marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Manage ad buys, analytics and reporting.
- Procure and manage external suppliers to produce high-quality marketing collateral including brand identity, logos, video, publications, and signage.
- Help secure and manage media and creative partnerships.
- 3-5 years of communications experience in public relations and/or marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate certificate in marketing, public relations or related field.
- Media relations expertise with existing relationships.
- Experience working with and providing strategic counsel to senior executives.
- Managed communications and/or marketing campaigns from beginning to end including writing strategic plans, drafting materials, stakeholder/partner engagement, and reporting.
- Social media expertise and advanced knowledge in social media strategies, best practices and tools.
- Experience procuring and managing external vender relationships.
SOUND LIKE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by 11:59 PM EST on Friday November 27, 2020. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please include “Manager, Marketing and Communications” in the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about the work of CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation, read our most recent Impact Report.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY: CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
* Interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.