Do you dream about using your design skills to impact positive change? Do you think about how to better engage people through digital campaigns? Join Team Action as our Design and Digital Lead.
Design and Digital Lead
Status: Permanent, reporting to the Manager Marketing and Communications
Compensation: $40-$60K annually, 3 weeks vacation, employee benefits and professional development opportunities.
Location: Offices located in downtown Toronto in an open concept workspace. Working remotely for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19 (technology support is provided).
Start Date: March 2021
As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of stakeholders across sectors to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the GTHA and beyond. With the belief that there’s nothing more important to the future of communities than preparing those who will lead them, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation delivers a suite of high impact programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented leaders in the GTHA. The shared purpose of both organizations is to boost civic engagement and build better cities.
To realize this, we follow a set of values:
- Drive Action
- Harness Collective Wisdom
- Cultivate Inclusion
- Be Bold
- Have Integrity at our Core
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills.
- An effective and creative storyteller.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- 3+ years of graphic design and digital experience that accompanies a passion for eye-catching visuals and creative concepts.
- Strong team player and relationship builder who can foster collaboration.
- Adapt to technology tools.
Key Responsibilities Include:
As the Design and Design Lead, you will be responsible for the visual identity of CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation, and implementing the digital strategy for both organizations including assisting with digital technology integrations.
As a key member of the Communications Team, you’ll be the go-to for design and digital to support CivicAction’s work across a broad range of topics and through a variety of platforms—think presentations, social media campaigns, enewsletters, etc.
- Work across the organization and initiatives to lead the creation of new brands and identities.
- Design a variety of digital and print materials such as advertisements, signage and other marketing collateral to support campaigns and key events.
- When required, work with external venders on digital marketing and design/brand.
- Work closely with the CEO and their team to design highly visual presentations to support speaking engagements and key meetings.
- Work closely with the development team to help design collateral for fundraising including decks and reports.
- Train other members of the team on design tools and software as required.
- Work across the organization’s initiatives to design and execute digital strategies and campaigns.
- Develop and lead strategic invitation/e-mail marketing strategies with clear targets, detailed real-time tracking, and results reporting for events and campaigns.
- Update and maintain websites for CivicAction and the CivicAction Leadership Foundation.
- Research and introduce new digital tools for communication, design and collaboration.
- Work with members of the team on digital integration of various contact management, event, e-newsletter, survey and collaboration tools, such as Salesforce.
- When required, work with external vendors on websites and contact management and collaboration tools including apps.
- Ensure CivicAction e-mail activities and best practices align with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) and stay up to date on any legislation and broader e-mail privacy changes and best practices.
- Act as MailChimp Administrator and undertake tasks related to this including maintaining lists, cleaning data, training staff, and supporting the teams use of the platform.
- Schedule social media, monitor data and schedule paid social campaigns.
- Track and report on media mentions and impact.
- Manage the communications and editorial calendar.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries received via email@example.com.
- Be the communications lead for updating and maintaining contact management system, building dashboards.
Experience with programs like the following is required:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- MailChimp or another e-marketing platform
- WordPress or another website management system
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Salesforce or another CRM platform
- Google Analytics and Adwords
- Basic HTML & CSS
How to Apply:
Send your résumé and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM EST on Feb 24, 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. Please include “Design and Digital Lead” in the subject line. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. * Interviews will be conducted via video or teleconference for the foreseeable future.