As one of the premier civic engagement organizations in Canada, CivicAction leverages nearly two decades of experience and a network of thousands of stakeholders to take action on the most pressing challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and beyond. We believe there is nothing more important to the future of communities than preparing those who will lead them. For that reason, the CivicAction Leadership Foundation delivers a suite of high impact programs that open doors, minds & opportunities for young, emerging and under-represented leaders in our communities.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Position Length: November 2019 – December 2020
Location: Downtown Toronto, open-concept workspace
Compensation: $38,000 – $45,000 annual salary with additional health benefits and 3 weeks of paid vacation
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Start Date: November 2019
Why Do We Need A Project Coordinator?
Almost 800,000 young people in Canada are not in employment, education, or training. Certain groups of youth, like racialized, newcomer, and Indigenous youth experience higher rates of unemployment than youth overall. Many face common barriers: weakened social networks, racism, and structural discrimination. CivicAction is working with employers to change this. Launched in 2018, CivicAction’s HireNext provides employers with free digital tools to better attract, recruit, onboard, and retain diverse, young talent. With a year of success under our belt, we are now rolling out this suite of tools across Canada, starting with Halifax and Calgary. We are looking for a “dynamo” Project Coordinator to support this exciting new chapter of HireNext.
What key skills & attributes are we looking for?
- Curiosity and a commitment to learning: ability to become knowledgeable on different
- Relationship builder: ability to work effectively with colleagues, and program participants.
- Strong communicator: ability to report back on learnings and create internal
- Enthusiastic team player: ability to balance “getting stuff done” with high level of professional
and ethical standards.
- Willingness to be agile: ability to take on new tasks when required.
- Administration: excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize to
ensure deadlines. A keen eye for attention to detail.
- Researcher and data cruncher: resourceful and able to dive into research to pull out key
messages, learnings and analyze the data.
Core responsibilities include:
Research & Communications
- Identify employers and human resources (HR) partners across Canada to champion HireNext;
prepare partnership materials (i.e. pitch decks, introduction emails, partnership agreements)
- Analyze data from online assessments to create user profiles and identify common challenges
and trends to inform communications and engagement strategies
- Work alongside the communications team, manage deliverables related to advertising, and the
promotion of HireNext tools across Canada
- Support and coordinate the development of new content (i.e. case-studies, thought-leadership
- Draft and circulate communications for internal and external audiences, including updates, announcements, meeting materials, briefings, and presentations
- Move multiple work streams along simultaneously, efficiently, and effectively
- Update project work plan, track deliverables, and ensure deadlines are met
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and partners
- Manage contracts with external partners and vendors
- Coordinate logistics and support event management
Sound like you? Apply now:
Send your résumé to email@example.com by October 31th at 5PM EST. Please ensure the words “Project Coordinator” are in the subject line.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CivicAction is committed to diversity in our workplace. We encourage applications from people of all genders, races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, and sexual orientations.