For the past 10 years, the Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance (CivicAction) has brought together senior executives and rising leaders from all sectors to tackle some of our region’s toughest social, economic and environmental challenges.
CivicAction sets a non-partisan agenda, builds strategic partnerships, and launches campaigns, programs and organizations that transform our region.
CivicAction is led by a Board of Directors and a 75-leader Steering Committee.
Currently, CivicAction has three areas of focus:
- Accelerating regional transportation
- Enhancing the region’s economic performance
- Fostering inclusion and resilience
Mission: To be an independent and nimble developer of broad civic leadership creating collaborative solutions to unresolved regional challenges.
Vision: Our work is guided by a bold vision of a Toronto region that has:
- A strong economy, built on our diversity, educational and industrial strengths
- Homes and jobs for all, with narrowing income gaps and safe, liveable neighbourhoods
- People and goods moving easily, using efficient transit, roads and paths for walking and biking
- Newcomers and underemployed fully deploying their talents and skills and rewarded appropriately
- Our diverse residents are represented in all levels and roles in the city region
- A collective value of the arts and culture sector is recognized, supported and celebrated
- Clean air, water and lands, enabling our physical and economic prosperity