Application deadline: Friday, December 2nd, 2016 by 5pm. Send submissions to email@example.com with “Video RFP Submission” in subject line.
CivicAction is seeking a digital video producer, experienced with short, high-quality corporate video production. We are looking to create 11 short videos that will be focused on capturing five company case study overviews, five interviews of youth who have gone through some of Escalator’s programs, and an initiative overview video.
Company & Initiative Background
CivicAction brings together leaders from all sectors to tackle challenges facing the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA). We take action on the issues that matter to our region by building partnerships and creating campaigns, programs and organizations to transform our region. Since 2013, CivicAction’s Escalator: Jobs for Youth Facing Barriers has brought together private, public, and community sector leaders to tackle the issue of unemployment of youth facing barriers. We’ve had early successes with the launch of three strategic interventions.
Escalator: Jobs for Youth Facing Barriers (The Initiative)
With 83,000 young people in the GTHA not in employment, education or training, we need concentrated action from many partners to make a dent in this issue. With a strategy in place and three interventions well underway, CivicAction is taking Escalator across the Province and developing evidence-based tools to help leaders identify and address barriers within their organizations that may hinder the success of young people.
Eleven short videos that will cover the following:
- Case Study Stories (5): In a short documentary style format we want to capture the stories of five corporate partners who will be working with us to assess, evaluate, recommend and pilot hiring strategies. This is will be done through a series of interviews with employers, and monitoring of youth going through the employee lifecycle. (1-2 mins each) Partners include: H&M, RBC, Starbucks Canada, Starwood Hotel and Resorts and Real Food for Real Kids
- Youth Narratives (5): In interview style format, we want to speak with and capture the stories of five young people who have gone through one of Escalator’s mentorship, training or networking programs. (1-2 mins each)
- Initiative Overview (1): In a documentary style format, we want to tie all these stories together to tell an overall narrative of Escalator.
We expect to follow the below:
- December 12th, 2016 to February 28th, 2017: filming of case partners and interviews
- March 1st – April 7th, 2017: editing and review
- April 19th, 2017: final production
Bidder Requirements (up to 2 pages)
- Introduction summary of you/your firm’s background, resources and relevant experience. (1 paragraph)
- List of past projects with links, preferably of a similar size and scope to this project (video files, personal website, client site, YouTube links etc.)
- Two references from past projects.
- Proposed budget for the project and payment terms.
- Scheduling/transport restrictions (if any)
Note that we will require the videographer to sign a non-disclosure agreement and will assign all present and future rights to the materials produced during the project to CivicAction. In addition to final production videos, CivicAction also requires all raw footage (in editable format) at the end of the project.